Saturday, November 20, 2010

I turned 16 years old at 10:10 AM on Thursday. My birthday was a good day up until my dad came up to my room at night and managed to spur up yet another argument. My family has been fighting a lot lately, Daniel even packed up all his things and walked out yesterday. My mom called me crying hysterically. I hate when my mom cries. On Tuesday, things got really bad and I ended up crying up in my room for a long time, and the whole time I just wanted to call Sam and talk to him. But I couldn't. I miss being able to tell him all the bad things that happen in my life, and all the good.

I ended things with Michael, not because of Sam, and not because of anything he did, but simply because I never liked him like that. I feel like I used him to move on from Sam, like in a way I forced myself to have feelings for him to dismiss the feelings I had for Sam. I'm certainly not proud of that. But I now have no feelings for either and I know that's good for me. Michael and I still talk as friends and it's really nice because that's what I wanted all along. My glasses broke yesterday and he spent all fourth block trying to fix it with scotch tape. It made me laugh.

Austin is a nice boy with a nice smile. He gave me a really nice hug on my birthday. My face sunk into the vacant space between the bottom of his chin and his collar bone, and it felt nice. Did I mention I joined the group, "No boys November" on Facebook? We are the poster children of compatibility but we're just friends. I don't think either of us need that right now anyway. I certainly don't.

Jeff sent me a card via snail mail for my birthday. It was the best birthday present I got not just because there was a Borders gift card in it but because of what it said. I have good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment